- OGAC Commends CHS for Innovative HIV Testing Strategies
Members of the Office of the United States Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (OGAC) visited the CHS SHINDA Project in Siaya on June 26-27, 2017.
- CHS Board Visit to SHINDA Project Sites (Siaya County)
Members of the CHS Board led by Board Chair Dr Richard Ayah made a two-day visit to Siaya County where CHS is supporting HIV prevention, care and treatment through the PEPFAR funded SHINDA Project. Implementation of the SHINDA project is now at the mid-year mark for Year 1 and will run for a period of… Read more »
- National Launch of PrEP and HIV Self-Testing Guidelines
Kenya’s Ministry of Health through the National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCOP) has officially launched guidelines on the use of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and HIV self-testing. This launch makes Kenya the second African country to nationally rollout guidelines on PrEP use after South Africa, and the first to roll these out on such a… Read more »
- US Ambassador Graces HEI Graduation at Makueni County Referral Hospital
In April 2017, the US Ambassador to Kenya Robert Godec, visited the CHS-supported Makueni CRH and participated in a graduation ceremony of 32 HIV-Exposed Infants.
- National TB Prevalence Survey Findings
TB Prevalence Survey Findings and Call to Action
- Kenya Tuberculosis Prevalence Survey Findings Released on World TB Day 2017
On March 24, the Ministry of Health supported by various health partners officially disseminated findings of the recently concluded, first post-independence National TB Prevalence Survey. The first TB prevalence survey in Kenya was done in 1958-1959. The dissemination of findings was done during the commemoration of World Tuberculosis (TB) Day, marked every year on… Read more »